It is our great pleasure to inform that Disaster Preparedness and Prevention Centre (DPPC), Malaysia-Japan International Institute of Technology (MJIIT), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Kuala Lumpur will be offering a Certified Professional Training (CPT) program for Disaster Risk Management (DRM) as follows:-
Course Title: Geohazard Information for Disaster Risk Assessment
Date: 27 February - 10 March 2017
Venue: Anjung Menara Razak, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Kuala Lumpur
- Prof. Dr. Masahiro Chigira, Professor at Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University, Japan
- Prof. Dr. Naoki Sakai, Researcher at National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Resilience (NIED) Tsukuba Japan
- Prof Dr. Alias Abdul Rahman, Professor at Faculty of Geoinformation and Real Estate, UTM Johor
- Dato Hj. Zakaria Mohamad, Scientific Expert Panel to National Disaster Management Agency, Research Fellow at Southeast Asia Disaster Prevention Research Initiative, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Chairman of International Association of Engineering Geology (IAEG) Malaysia Chapter.
- Dr. Khamarrul Azahari Razak, 2016 Merdeka Award Grant Recipient, Senior Lecturer at UTM RAZAK School of Engineering and Advanced Technology & Research Fellow at Disaster Preparedness and Prevention Centre, Malaysia-Japan International Institute of Technology, UTM Kuala Lumpur
Course synopsis @ http://mjiit.utm.my/mdrm/mmjd-1213/
This course provides better understanding of geological risk assessment in an objective and quantitative manner. It focusses on the physical-, geotechnical- and geomorphological based approach for assessing complex landslides and debris flow, with the support of advanced geospatial technology. It highlights mapping, monitoring, and modelling of complex slope failures, rain-fall induced shallow landslides and earthquakes induced landslides. A comprehensive landslide hazard and risk assessment at different scales will be interactively discussed. This course also reveals the importance of rapid provision of high quality geoscientific information for decision makers. This course aims at exploring multi hazard and risk assessment methods, framework and strategies at local, regional and national scales, in different physiographic, climatic and geological settings.
Registration @ http://mjiit.utm.my/mdrm/cpt/